Posts Tagged secret agent L
In my continued attempt to spread some cheer:
* “If you are still breathing maybe it is not such a bad day after all.” – Darren Laws
* Apparently it is legal to be nude in public in San Francisco (as long as the man keeps it down). The good news is that a district representative now wants to make it illegal to sit naked on public seating without placing a towel or something similar between bottom and seat, or to enter restaurants totally in the buff. First offense would be a $100 fine, escalating to a misdemeanor and maximum $1,000 fine/year in jail for a third strike. (Reminder to self: carry antiseptic wet wipes at ALL times if ever going to San Francisco!)
* Always wanted to be a secret agent? You can join Secret Agent L who started her work in July 2009. Her mission? “Be kind. No exceptions.” Her project has since blossomed into an international phenomenon of random acts of kindness. Follow her here.
* Do you have some spare fabric lying around? Make your own eco-friendly shopping bags, or join The Green Bag Lady and her team of volunteers. They make fabric bags out of donated material and give them away for free in exchange for a promise to use them instead of paper or plastic. Here is a pattern to make your own bag.
* In a shout-out to my home country: In terms of the Global Competitiveness Report 2011, South Africa’s biggest improvements over the past year have been combating crime (we moved from 120 to 110); Brain drain (we moved from 79 to 62); Government debt (we moved from 60 to 45) and tax efficiency (we moved from 40 to 30). (Ok, I know we’re not there yet, but we’re working on it. Woot Woot!)