I am so tired of bad news. Can the media please focus on something positive for a change? Yes, I know we’re all broke, education systems are going to hell along with the world’s weather and our politicians are corrupt, but can we at least smile and have a party while we all go down in flames?
In that light, here is some good news from around the world to brighten your day:
* The sun came up this morning! Seriously … that’s important …
* Great news for film buffs! Alfred Hitchcock’s long lost first feature film, The White Shadow, was discovered by the New Zealand Film Archive. It has been found after a world-wide search. Read more here.
* In another New Zealand story, the wayward penguin named ‘Happy Feet’ is released back into the wild after he was found hundreds of miles from his Antarctic home.
* A woman in Ohio found a wallet containing $4600 and didn’t hesitate to turn it over to the police. And you thought there were no more honest people left! Would you have returned it?
* In the writing world, Nathan Bransford blogged about the importance of authenticity and honesty when it comes to the internet and your blog. I was really happy to read his post, because it gives hope to those of us who prefer not to SELL, SELL, SELL ourselves all the time and just want to write about things that matter to us.
* Apparently there is a trash patch, twice the size of Texas, floating in the ocean between Hawaii and San Francisco. The good news is that people are starting to think about how they can turn this mess into a sustainable alternative. Waterworld … anyone?
* The Empire State Building in New York is going green! If one of the world’s most recognizable buildings can do it, surely the world will follow?
That’s it for today. Stay tuned for more good news next week!
Photo from Tahereh Mafi’s site.